Thursday 3 January 2013

A few of my favourite things 2012

As the year drew to a close I read many 2012 favourites posts, which have made me consider my own.Being so fickle with my beauty 'likes' it's no mean feat for a product to nudge itself into my top ten. The list isn't exclusive 2012 releases just a collection of things I've repurchased, have had a love affair with in '12 or use on a frequent basis. So, in particular order........

1. Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream. The clue is in the title with this one, it really is a wonder. After draining 2 free samples I was hooked & bought a tube (£20). It's the perfect everyday eye cream, it brightens, tightens & is low in nasties. It's introduced me to the whole Balance Me range which really delivers.


2. MAC Pro Longwear Foundation. It wears longer than anything I've ever tried, more than living up to its 16 hour claim. It builds well, blends well & controls my greasy T zone. Everything I want from an everyday foundation, worth every penny of the £24 price tag.


3. Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray (£23). I only discovered this a few months ago but cannot imagine my world without it now, it knocks others I've tried, MAC fix+ , Ben Nye Final Seal & Clarins Fix Make Up, to the curb. Eyes, cheeks & base stay where they should & fresh as daisies from breakfast through to midnight feast!

4. MAC Melba Powder Blusher (£11). My fail safe for looking brighter & healthier. It's the perfect peachy shade, blends & builds nicely lasts well. An everyday essential for the girl who will free admit to having a little fear of blushers!


5. Nars Yachiyo Kabuki Brush (£37.50). So soft, beautifully different in styling with its wound bamboo handle & picks up just the right amount of product. It's tapered domed head is that cheek perfect size that makes applying product a dream. I use it for blush,contour, highlighting and sometimes to blend the whole eye area. Its a really hard working brush that justifies its price tag.

6. Whilst on brushes I couldn't leave my beloved Real Techniques off the list. As a self confessed brush junkie I thought it'd be hard to replace Trish McEvoy in my affections but every single on of these is perfectly crafted for the intended job, multi tasking & affordable. Every make up wearer on earth should at least own a Buffing Brush & a Deluxe Crease Brush.


7. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (£12) in YeYo. I've loved the 24/7 pencils for so long, with Zero being an absolute staple in my box. I've included Yeyo here because I've found finding a white pencil that clings to the waterline a real challenge. I use it to highlight as well as line my waterline when my eyes need an injection of 'wake up'.
 

8. Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipsticks. An expensive feeling lipstick for £3, what's not to love. These babies really last & are pigment heavy. They don't feel at all drying either. One of my favourite finds this year, I've been converting anybody who'll listen! 


9. Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum (£35 for 10x 1ml sachets, Boots). My little sachets of miracle juice! I finally invested after a Glossybox sample left me pining for more. Its one of the few products I've tried where the instant results claim actually stands up. My skins looks fresher & smoother when I use this & it really does plump out lines even if it is only temporarily. I'm actually contemplating splashing out on a 25ml pump, at £125 its an investment product but trust me when I say, I think its worth every penny.

10. Yves Rocher Tradition De Hammam Oriental Shower Oil. This was a Christmas gift & so has only been in my life for a week but it was LOVE at first use. A thick argan oil infused with oriental scents, which turns to a rich milky lotion once wet. Each shower feels like an indulgent, luxurious treat when using this, it leaves skin so wonderfully moisturised but not at all greasy. The scent lasts but doesn't over power any fragrance applied afterwards. I've already vowed never to shower without this! 


So there you have it, my 2012 in 10 products. It was harder than I thought narrowing it down to ten but that's the final cut. I'm only sorry that Clinique Chubby Sticks, Jemma Kidd Dew Me & Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Instant Anti Wrinkle didn't make the final cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment