Thursday 13 September 2012

La Femme eyeshadow Palette Review; a random eBay bargain.

La Femme Eyeshadow Palette 01

I just have to share my thoughts on this palette with the world. I stumbled across it when searching eBay for a yellow eyeshadow. Not normally a colour I'd choose but I needed one for a look I've been trying to create.
This Palette cost £2.75, contains 11 colours and was free postage so I thought it was worth a shot. Never having heard of La Femme and considering the price I was expecting minimal product and crappy pigmentation. How wrong can a girl be?! Ok, so they aren't colours I'll use every day and there is enough glitter to make even Lilly Savage wince but they are super pigmented and have a gorgeous, creamy velvet texture. Perhaps it's time I put my make up snobbery to bed.

16g of  product in total, with good staying power (6 hours ish) when applied over primer (I used Benefit Lemon Aid) and they blended easily. Yes, there was some fall out, which you'd expect from a cheaper product and I wouldn't recommend these shadows for those with super sensitive eyes as the glitter is quite coarsely milled and they contain parabens which can irritate some people.

Please excuse the dodgy lighting!
I'll definitely look at the other palettes in this range and I've since read the blushes have excellent staying power so I'll be looking out for them too. I love it when a spur of the moment eBay bargain impresses me to the extent I want to buy more!

No comments:

Post a Comment