Sunday 20 January 2013

Illamasqua Fundamental Pallete.

Yet another Illamasqua review for your viewing pleasure today. This time I've broken with tradition & plan to do some good old fashion praise singing.


Illamasqua Fundamental Palette
The Fundamental Palette is part of the Human Fundamentalism range, that's based on the desire to express your inner self on the outside. The premise of this palette is to experiment with a range of different textures. It contains a matt cream pigment (Bedaub), a liquid mental (yuck!) & two matt powder shadows. (Inception and Hype). I picked this up for £10 on sale from the Illamasqua site, a complete steal as full price this retails for £34.

Fundamental Palette Swatches
I find the powder shadows from Illamasqua are really good in terms of pigmentation & wear time & I love the shade range. I've already had a lot of wear from Inception & had been on the look out for a bold yellow like Hype for a while & neither have disappointed. They blend well & keep their intensity for around 8 hours. Although Inception needed to be applied wet to keep its vibrancy otherwise it blended to a much darker almost dirty grey. 

For me the unexpected star of this palette is Bedaub. A pretty, minty green cream shadow that I've been using as a base for Urban Decay's Aquarius as well as wearing it alone. It's really smooth to apply, doesn't crease & lasts all day. I'm so impressed with this I'm already eyeing up other shades. Unlike some of my long wear cream shadows, this stays blendable for a couple of minutes before it sets. It's also easily built up from a sheer wash of colour to a really striking intensity without caking. I'm think this colour will come into its own when spring has finally sprung & it's pastels a go-go.
I've only used the liquid metal as a highlight for the inner corner of my eye. I'm not usually a fan of these but I noticed the consistency of the one included here is far less greasy than those in the Liquid Metal Palette.

Overall this a great little quad. I'm not sure how many looks you could achieve using solely these colours but individually they are great products. Even at full price this is quite good value when you consider the price of the individual colours.
I've had quite an extensive play & will post some looks once I get some decent photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment