Friday 28 September 2012

Bored of the Old Routine.

I'm so fickle. While some may say 'if it's not broke don't fix it' I'm more inclined towards change for changes sake. My current skin care routine is perfectly adequate but I'm bored, I want to mix it up a bit & try some new products.

The Status Quo

I currently use Elemis Rehydrating Rose Petal Cleanser, followed by Olay Anti Wrinkle Wash & Elemis Ginseng Toner. If I've worn particularly heavy make up or my skin feels it needs something a bit richer I like to use a hot cloth like Soap & Glory The Fab Pore or Boot Botanics Cleansing Balm. To remove my eye make up I use good old Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil. I've had stick about this in the past but I find it is the only thing that cuts through stubborn mascara and gel liner, whilst being gentle on my eyes. I usually use a face mask once a week, something deep pore cleansing or moisturising if my skin is a bit drier. 

On to pastures new...

Inspired by the many posts I've read about cleansing oils I've ordered some Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil and as I'm a bit weary of putting oil on my combination skin I've stocked up on an old favourite Bioderma Crealine H20 to use as a toner as although not really necessary I find the squeaky clean feeling I get from using a toner reassuring! I'll probably continue with the Olay Anti Wrinkle wash in the mornings as its quick, I like the gentle exfoliating effect and my skin seems quite keen on it. I've also invested in a sample of Clarins Lotus Treatment Oil which I'll be using at night as it is meant to be very good for rebalancing combination skin. 

 Lotions & Potions

In terms of creams I use a bit of a mixture depending on what kind of mood my skin is in. When its really dry I use Elemis Maximum Moisture Day Cream but its a bit rich for me so often I just dab that on the dry bits. I had been using Nivea Q10 Pore Refining Day Cream until I received a sample of Vichy Idealia (http://www.esmesbeautifulthings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/vichy-idealia-day-care-cream.html), its so nice that this is my current day cream of choice. I'm also quite keen on Neals Yard Rehydrating Rose Daily Moisture if my skin is good and my pores are having a skinny day! I think I'll probably stick with the Vichy for now as its been well over a week with no breakouts (yeay!)
At night I tend to stick with Old Faithful, Olay Anti Wrinkle Instant Hydration. However, I'm coming to the end of a pot and I'm eyeing up (boom ,boom!) L'Oreal Revitalift Repair 10 Multi-Active and I've seen this on offer somewhere lately so think I've give it a shot. 
My eye area tends to be a bit greasy and because I use baby oil to remove my eye make up I'm usually quite sparing with the eye cream at night, I'm using Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream morning and night at the moment because it does seem to lift and brighten nicely. I'm think of adding  ROC Multi Correction Anti Age cream at night as I think its probably time to take a stand against fine lines and wrinkles!!

So that's my new skincare regime for the new season, here hoping for some positive results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment