Friday 23 November 2012

My worst skin day ever!

I'm no stranger to bad skin days (or even weeks) but I've never experienced anything like what I was faced with this morning.

A Bit of History

 Following a painful breakout that resulted from using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant I was left with angry bumps all over my cheeks that were very sore. They appeared almost immediately after the 2nd use. I cleansed with Bioderma that night & left off any other creams as my face was too sore to touch. The following morning I skipped any foundation (don't worry I was staying at home!) and applied some Avene Recovery Cream in a hope to sooth the itching. Last night I cleansed with Shu Uemura oil as normal, then moisturised with Avene Recovery Cream. This picture shows what I was faced with when I came to do my make up this morning. It's not pretty & it's really painful! 
 
I couldn't risk bumping into anybody at the shops, so had to attempt a major cover up. I applied a thin layer of MAC Pro Longwear all over my face with my fingers. I then mixed Estée Lauder double wear concealer with Jemma Kidd Front Cover Touch Up & applied over the (great many) areas that were most angry. Still unhappy with the levels of redness I used some more Pro longwear on a concealer brush over the top. I looked less cakey than I felt, honest! It wasn't quite the fresh & flawless effect I was hoping, wishing & praying for but it was fit for human consumption! 

Now I'm about to research the ingredients to find out exactly what it was that caused my skin to rebel in such dramatic fashion and spent the next week nursing my wounds and perfecting the art of hardcore concealing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment