Thursday 1 November 2012

Sleek The Original Palette

Whilst looking for some dramatic, jewel toned eye colours in Superdrug,I found the Sleek Original palette. I've looked at this palette so many times before but it's always been out of stock or I've gone for something else. Today I couldn't resist. For £8 you get 12, 1g colours. There's 11 shimmering, deep colours ranging from yellowy gold through to a midnight blue. There's also a matt black that could be used wet as a liner. I'm besotted with the olivey green and teal.
I love my Au Natrel palette so I knew the kind of quality to expect from Sleek. I've totally fallen for the highly pigmented, soft shimmery colours. There is bit of fall out but nothing I can't cope with considering the pigmentation and the price.
This palette certainly satisfies my urge for a bit of sparkle & drama that rears up every autumn. The colours last a good 6 hours with a primer but the shimmer fades a bit after 4 ish. Over a MAC Paint Pot or Benefit Lemonaid they don't crease.I think its a well put together collection of colours as they work together well and Ican see myself using all of them. All in all a great value palette for creating stunning evening eyes, I'm going to have lots of fun with this one. 

 And this is the fun I had........
I couldn't resist having a quick play so did an ultra shimmery, bright teal and purple eye. Unfortunately the bright sunlight detracted from the striking 'colour pop' of the teal. I used Rimmel Colour Mousse in 007 as a base to add extra umph to the shimmer. This look lasted 6 hours before the colours looked old and threatened to flake, the shimmer lasted for around 4 hours. The colours blended beautifully and fall out was minimal. I've found that the trick with Sleek colours to put a tiny amount of colour on the brush and build up reduces fall out and the colours build really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment