Tuesday 2 October 2012

MAC Stormwatch

I'm not a fan of this time of year. The cold, wet, dark days just don't do it for me. My one consolation as the nights draw in is I feel drawn to richer, jewel like colours &  smokey eyes to get me in the mood for a bit of festive partying.
I think Stormwatch is just perfect for this time of year.
It's a deep matt teal colour which blends out well making it quite versatile. As is standard for MAC shadows, it's well pigmented & lasts with with no flaking, I do think it needs a good primer for ultimate colour pay off though.
I've tried it as a contour for daytime, applied with a damp 266 brush for a vivid flash of liner but my favourite way to wear it is as part of a bright smokey eye.
Inspired by a Lisa Eldridge video (http://lisaeldridge.com/video/25175/aw-make-up-trends/) I was itching to try a more 'me' version of her colourful smokey eye. I prepped my lids with Benefit Lemon Aid & applied Stormwatch from the inner corner about two thirds over the upper lid, up to & just over the crease (239 brush). I smudged a little of the mid colour from a Bourjois Smokey Eyes trio into the inner corner (266 brush) & just below the tear duct. I took Bourjois Noir Emeraude over the outer third of the lid & below the lower lashes, winging it out & bring it through the crease. I lined the upper lid & water line with Maybelline gel eyeliner & applied plenty of MAC Opulash mascara. I was tempted to add to feathery lashes but didn't want to look 'too drag' but I think a good set of thick lashes would have really finished the look.
I kept the skin light with a bit of Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow over cheek bones & contoured using MAC bronzing powder. For lips I used a dark berry for colour that wouldn't compete with such strong eyes.
I can see this look coming out to play a couple if times over the festive season, teamed with a little black dress, some fierce heels & a cocktail or two! 
Apologies for the terrible photos, I've recreated this look a couple of times to photograph for this post, each time the weather has been terrible and there has been so little natural light in my house. I've included the following photo as a rough idea of the look, unfortunately its a bit dark and the Stormwatch has failed to shine through. I'll update with better pictures if we ever get some nice day light here in Brum!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment