Wednesday 10 October 2012

Review; Revlon Photoready Cream Blush

After a brief and poorly executed experiment with a horrendous cream blusher many moons ago I've always preferred a powder. Happily my application skills & knowledge are some what greater these days, so in my quest for radiance I decided it was time to try again. I was pleased to discover the greasy stage paint style formula's of my youth are a thing of the past.
Flushed


I chose Revlon Photoready as I'm a fan of the other products in the range. I picked up Pinched which is a golden peachy hue & Flushed, a deep fuchsia pink. There is a third shade, Coral Reef which is a bright coral orangey colour which looks really bright but definitely isn't for me! For around £8 you about 8g of product. This seems fairly good value as mine don't look touched after a week of everyday use.
Pinched
Both are quite vibrant in the pan but swatch very subtly. The texture is so light & silky smooth, it feels beautiful on skin and blend so easily. This allows you to really build the colour without feeling caked in product. This is a good job because to achieve the vibrancy of colour displayed in the pan, you'll need to build it. The colour lasts well, 5+ hours of non strenuous wear, unpowdered.
I've become a bit addicted to Pinched for work day wear as it gives an incredibly natural glow to the skin. Flushed is better suited to casual Girly looks in my opinion, it's pretty & fun with a slightly better colour pay off than Pinched but still glowing and natural. Pinched can also be built to a more intense colour for a strong look.
As with the rest of the Photoready range, these blushes are good quality, affordable and reliable. The shade range is limited at just three which is a shame because these are lovely products that I can see me using regular for a good long while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment