Wednesday 10 October 2012

Review; MUA Eye Shadows

I'm a sucker for a bargain, especially if they are sat temptingly near a till whilst I'm waiting in line! That's how I discovered these like gems. They were £1 each in Superdrug so I threw a couple in the basket purely because they were super cheap. they are sizable pans holding 2g of product. The packaging is pretty basic, clear plastic lid over a black pan, but feels sturdy enough to withstand a few knocks. I actually like a clear lid as it allows me to easily see which shade is which.
 Now I don't know much about MUA (Make Up Academy) as a brand and have never used anything by them before. A bit of googling has thrown up some really glowing reports. It would appear this brand has quite a following due to offering a wide range of trend lead products that are affordable and decent quality. 

I picked up Shade 4 (shimmery lilac) and Shade 3 (shimmery turquoise), both shades are billed as Pearl and are ultra shiny. They are SO highly pigmented and have an unbelievably soft velvety texture that blends beautiful and (with a primer) lasts all day. The shimmer is finely milled so not too irritating on the eye and considering the price there really wasn't too much fall out. I'd definitely recommend these shadows if you are looking for shades for nights out or occasions where you want to try something new before committing to a higher end product. They really are absolutely fine for the price and a pleasure to work with. 

These shadows have the most beautiful sheen and put me in mind of L'Oreal Chrome Shine shadows which I absolutely adore. I cannot believe these were only £1, I thought they were on offer but have just checked the Superdrug website and that is actually the RRP! MUA also do palettes that look very similar to the Sleek iDivine palettes which are £4 so I've ordered a couple, purely in the name of research of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment