Wednesday 24 October 2012

Supermarket Chic

I was dragging myself around my local supermarket the other day when it struck me how spoilt we are these days to have such a wealth of beauty products so easily available. I find it hard to leave the store without a beauty buy of some description falling into the trolley. This post is an ode to the beauty heroes I've picked up alongside my groceries.

Dirty Works

I was drawn to this range as the styling put me in mind of Soap and Glory, of which I'm a massive fan. I've tried all manner of scrubs, creams and even beauty accessories from this brand and all have been great value for money. I'm currently using Wake Up Call face wash as my post work out/quick morning wash of choice. It foams up nicely, smells clean and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I love the Blemish Buster 2 in 1 scrub and mask as it is gentle but effective and when used as a mask leaves pores tiny and complexion bright. Bling It On shimmer lotion was a gift that I've used lots this summer on collar bones and shins, its subtle but catches the light nicely without being too gold. Most Dirty Works products come in at less than £5 band are half price in Sainsbury's at the moment. Certainly worth checking out this range if you've not tried it before. 

Bastiste Dry Shampoo

The thought of a world with no dry shampoo leaves me cold! It adds volume, it saves me on those morning where a blow dry is out of the question and it helps hold hair grips when styling freshly washed hair. Bastiste is definitely my favourite brand and I love the hint of colour in this one as it doesn't leave any chalkiness in my very dark hair. So pleased I can get this in the supermarket as I use so much I'd have to buy in bulk if I couldn't get it round the corner!

Rimmel Lips & Nails
now, there are some beauty products I consider to be essential but what about rewards for braving the hoards on a raining Sunday afternoon? Well Rimmel Have that covered! For less than a fiver you can pick up an on trend lip or nail colour that you know will be good quality. I bagged the perfect red lipstick on a whim, (Kate Moss 001) and my current favourite nail colour (Electric 275). I think the range of eye and face products offered by my local store is a bit limited but the lips and nails always catch my eye.

Nailene So Natural 

Having to keep my nails super short for work I need a bit help to fake gorgeous talons when I'm off duty. These nails (short, beige) a really comfortable to wear and when teamed with nailene So Quick 3 second glue, last for ages. for around £8 they give me salon worth hands in a matter of minutes.

Big Hair Heroes

Sadly my hair lacks the natural bounce I love so I'm always on the look out for something that'll infuse the weave with some pizzazz. Got 2b powder-ful by schwarzkopf is amazing. It gives the same effect as Label M Resurrection Dust but at a fraction of the price (less than £5) and its handbag sized. V05 Plump it Up blow dry spray, adds mega volume and protects from heat damage. I've only had this a couple of weeks but it beats my other mousses/sprays hands down.

Am I the only one who spends longer in the cosmetic aisle than anywhere else? I'd love to know if you guys have any supermarket beauty heores so please leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment